There are no clear evidences of when Palazzo Guglielmo was built. It seems that the first owners were the Rossi barons, the last feudal lords before the abolition of the feudal regime in 1806. During the XVIII century the ownership of the Palazzo reverted to the Guglielmo’s family who kept the property till the first years of XXI century. Don Pippi Guglielmo inherited from his father a huge amount of properties, scattered all over the Salento area, including fields and many kinds of cattle and flock. Thank to his wisely administration of the legacy, the Palazzo became the economic and social centre of the village.